Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Stone Cathedral

Today in the cool misty mountains
All covered with trees
I walk into the labryinth of rocks
Trying to find the Center.

I follow the gravel pathway
Resisting the urge to cheat
Always in a hurry, always wanting
Peace Right Now.

A curious squirrel jumps the rocks
Scurrying to the center in two leaps
He stands up on his hind legs
Chirping, laughing at my brooding

Still I walk with my eyes
On the path, circling, seeking
Humming the songs of the birds
Waiting for peace, for revelation.

Is God in the circle, in the rocks?
Is God in the trees, the mountain brook?
Is God in the homemade altar at the center?
Is God inside of me and beyond the stars?

Yes
Yes
Yes
Yes

I kneel on the gravel at the center
And Make my offering at the altar
I raise my Ebenezer to the heavens
And give thanks to God who is everywhere.

pmr

No comments:

Post a Comment