Sunday, December 5, 2010

The Guide


i don't know how it happened
but one day i finally decided
i had to step off the road
the one that i'd always taken

it was a good road
a trustworthy path
with all the milemarkers
and signs to lead me forward

but one day it all felt wrong
and i knew i had to get off
or somehow i would die
and so i did

out here it's not so simple
things aren't as clear
the paths not clearly marked
and sometimes I panic

but deep down inside
there is a voice
a spirit, a center
that stops me, stills me

when i trust that voice
i can follow it into the unknown
i can walk into the darkness
trusting my feet will find the path

beautiful things happen!
the colors, the depth, the richness!
carved out of the dark
formed in the anxiety, uncertainty

sometimes i weep
but my tears water the earth
allowing the path to be unfold
toward places i've never been, never imagined

i will trust the inner voice
call it spirit, call it life, call it god
it has brought me safe thus far
and i know it will lead me home.

No comments:

Post a Comment