Sunday, February 12, 2012

you are my home

(From the Sunday Scribblings' writing prompt:  rest)


every night
i cuddle up to you
lay my head on your chest
and rest
deeply

it's safe
to let go

it's a moment
a snapshot
a symbol
of my life

with you

for you are gift

when nothing works
or things fall apart

when i seem to fail
at anything i try
or there's just too much
noise
chaos

i can count on
that moment
at the end of the day
when all is well
again

i can barely
remember
Before
You

though it was
full of anxiety
misdirection
frustration

good moments
couched in
fears
and questions

some days
i could hardly
breathe

and then
i made a friend
just a friend
who saw me

truly saw me
and knew who i was

you called me
Beautiful
then your heart
wrapped all around me

and it was ok

just like tonight
when I lay my head
on your chest
and feel your arms
around me

i knew
i was

home.

No comments:

Post a Comment