Friday, October 19, 2012

carpe diem

 
 
sometimes
just sometimes
the universe tumbles in such a way
that everything comes together
 
the sky opens
you are standing in the spotlight
disparate sentences become a paragraph
in the same story
 
sometimes there is soundless music
leading you
carrying you
toward an unknown point
 
a moment
where you stand on the edge
of a cliff
the drop clouded by fog
 
but everything in you says
go
jump
trust
 
do the absurd
go against your character
be unpredictable
a wee bit mad
 
it was a story
told by a stranger
in a church
when i thought the book had ended
 
the picture around me
narrowed
it was him and me
and his urgent tale
 
my heart raced
my breath caught
my palms sweat
and the rest of my life began
 
go
go
go
go ahead
 
ahead
move
walk
trust
 
a stranger
told a story once
and my whole life
 
changed


No comments:

Post a Comment