Friday, October 26, 2012

real life


Do you ever have the experience of dreaming about someone you care about...and in the dream you share a really personal moment;  honest sharing, intense emotion, or a hug?  and then you see that person the next day and you are a little self-conscious because that moment that connected you felt so real?  Maybe you even wonder if they dreamed it too...
 
 
I saw her today
and blushed without warning
I needn't feel embarrassed
I dreamt of her last night
and in the dream
she wept
sobbed
and fell into my arms
with limitless trust
her body trembling
with sorrow
 
I woke up feeling
raw
vulnerable
in that dream-moment
we were soul-to-soul
connected
 
when I saw her
in real life
she was composed
as usual
boundaries intact
our usual polite distance
 
yet without thinking
I reached out
and hugged her
 
for a moment
she let go
with a deep sigh
let herself be
embraced
 
for a moment
we were dreaming again

No comments:

Post a Comment