Tuesday, September 24, 2013

lunch break


cool breeze
tousles my hair
through the car window

like a lover
caressing my face
focused only on me

a young boy
sits across
from his father

at a picnic table
playing a game
stealing a moment

to make it matter

for now
this morning
the boy can be

a boy

the father
can be
his Dad

no pressure
to be cool
in front of the guys

no need
to play a role
that's expected

for now
just
beauty

we're all
escaping
to the park 

to be
what we really
want to be

I breathe in
I breathe out
I float

on the fresh
summer breeze
of sabbath

children screaming
laughing
a song of abandon

living, receiving
the sheer joy
of being

no thinking
no wondering
or fearing

I smile
in mischief
in gratitude

that we're all
getting away

with it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment