Monday, January 24, 2011

eternity

my body, my soul
my feet
are so weighed down
limited
by Time

my mind is incapable
of grasping
eternity
timelessness
foreverandeveramen

it's like a huge abyss
nothing to stop my fall
an endless Something
without boundary

no stopping point of limitation
no "zap" when you go too far
no end
to whatever Is

it's terrifying
this boundlessness

the security of endings
and beginnings
is what I know

and yet
many people I cherish
have passed through
that mirror
through which I see only dimly

the love I feel
never died or dissipated
but expanded
beyond measure

and I know
in my gut--
where truth is often confirmed--
that they live

in my peripheral vision
I see them
feel their presence
like a whisper

and I feel
an aching joy
a longing for home
for completion

in brief moments
I see it in people's eyes
that brief light
wordless connection

that place of love
from which we came
to which we will return

and all the whys
and hows
and what-fors
will be answered

in the Holy Breath
of Life.

pmr



No comments:

Post a Comment