Thursday, March 3, 2011

it's what's for dinner

those cows
in that trailer
i swear they're
looking at me
hooked up
to a truck
parked
next to Casey's General Store
they peek through
the opening
long, sultry eyelashes
framing big brown eyes
moo!
that's what they said
help!
is what i heard
i wanted to
apologize
for my taste
for beef
especially london broil
that's my favorite
or filet mignon
wrapped in bacon
but hey,
who likes pigs, anyway?
grilled is best
on an outdoor barbeque
that smell of grilled beef
in summertime
i usually eat min e
medium
i don't like it
too rare
i'm sorry
i said
to the mooing cows
batting those eyelashes
those eyes
those soulful eyes
boring into me
i started the car
and drove past
noticing then
that they were dairy cows
(feeling quite silly)
and I vowed
then and there
to drink more milk.

No comments:

Post a Comment